Tractor Disc Tacos
- 1 lb. Sirloin/Flatiron/Flank or other inexpensive steak, cut into bite-sized slices
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 16 oz. Hot Dogs, 3/4" slices
- 2 large Onions, large dice
- 4-6 Tomatoes, large dice
- 2-3 Jalapenos, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Seasoned Salt
- Favorite Accompaniments: tortillas, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, jalapeno, cilantro, etc.
- This is a real "by the seat of your pants" recipe. My husband, Matthew, learned this from some migrant workers many years ago. They had taken a tractor disc, filled in the hole in the center, and rigged it on top of a propane tank so they could cook outdoors wherever they happened to be. Matthew had to build his own similar apparatus, but if you have a large skillet or wok, you are in business. We've seen this cooked over open fires, fire pits, gas grills, and even in the kitchen on the rangetop.
- Put enough oil in pan and heat it till the oil glistens. Drop in the steak. Stir fry to get a good sear and sprinkle to taste with the seasoned salt.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
- Drop in the vegetables and cook till limp.
- Add the hot dogs, stir to distribute. Reduce heat and let the all ingredients get tender.
- Add beer as needed to keep the concoction moist. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Have your guests load their plates with a tortilla and scoop the stew into their tortillas. Then dress to suit with your favorite accompaniments.
Copyright © 2015 by ShallWeEat™, All rights reserved