Apologies to Louisianans; this isn't strictly Gumbo or Jambalya, but it's how we like to eat our Cajun.
- 1 lb. smoked Pork Sausage or Kielbasa
- 1 lb. Chicken, cut up
- 1 Cup Red & Yellow Bell Pepper, large dice
- 1 Onion, large dice
- 1 Cup Celery, large dice
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 28 oz. can crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Parsley, chopped
- 12 oz. bag frozen sliced Okra
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper
- 1 lb. Shrimp
- Cut sausage and chicken into 1/2" pieces. Brown in large stock pot for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings.
- Saute' peppers, celery, onion, and garlic. Stir in flour and cook over low heat until brown stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomatoes, water, and parsley. Bring to a boil. Add okra, Worcestershire, thyme, salt, and red pepper. Simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Add shrimp. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over white rice.
Copyright © 2015 by ShallWeEat™, All rights reserved