I just recently tasted parsnips and was so pleasantly surprised. Somehow this vegetable is overlooked and viewed with disdain. I don't know why. They are way better than the currently overly-popular brussel sprouts or beets. Oh well. They are a bit expensive and hard to find, at least at my market. But if you happen across them, give them a try because the roasting makes them so sweet yet earthy that you will be glad you did.
- 1 1/2 lbs. Parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 1/2 lbs. Carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 Olive Oil
- 1/4 Fresh Sage Leaves
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss parsnips and carrots with oil, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Spread on rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring twice, until the vegetables are golden, 45-55 minutes