There isn't a holiday meal that goes by in our family without this salad. I purposely have a bag of cranberries in the freezer at all times so I can make it. It is one of my favorite recipes from my mother-in-law because she gave it to me verbally and literally gave no measurements except for the cranberries. I confess that she uses the powdered whip cream mix and I use real cream so that is just my revision. I love to make it and stir together until it's pretty and think of her every time.
- 1 lb. Cranberries
- Green or Red Grapes, halved
- Pecans, broken
- Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Cream, whipped
- Grind cranberries coarsely in your food processor. Pour into bowl and sugar heavily. Let sit a couple of hours at room temperature. Taste and re-sugar as needed.
- Stir in grapes, nuts, and marshmallows until it looks pretty. In other words, the ratios are all up to you here; I usually have about a cup of each and then sprinkle in more marshmallows till it seems about right.
- Stir in whipped cream. Refrigerate until serving.
- Gets better as it sits, so make a day ahead.