- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Egg, separated
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together sugar, butter, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Roll into 1" balls. Dip into slightly beaten egg whites, then roll in chopped nuts.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 1" apart. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and quickly indent each cookie center. Bake 8 minutes longer.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Fill with peach or apricot preserves.
- Makes 2 1/2 dozen.
Copyright © 2015 by ShallWeEat™, All rights reserved