- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Put butter in an 8" cast iron skillet. Place in an oven set to 450 degrees.
- Beat eggs. Add flour and salt and whisk just until smooth. Add milk to incorporate.
- When butter is melted, pour batter into pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately with more melted butter, and liberal dousing of powdered sugar.
- Serving Variations: brown sugar, fresh berries, maple syrup, fruit preserves, Grand Marnier, sausages.
This is a mash-up of Silver Palate's Bismark and my sister Jean's Dutch Babies. So simple, yet elegant.
Copyright © 2015 by ShallWeEat™, All rights reserved