Crispy Smashed Roasted Potatoes
- 12 - 15 baby red or white Potatoes (1" - 2" diameter)
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan or skillet, big enough for them to be in a single layer. Cover with an inch of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add 2 tsp. of salt and reduce to simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender; about 30 minutes.
- While potatoes cook, set up a double layer of dishtowels on countertop. After draining cooked potatoes, let them drain on towels.
- Fold another dishtowel into quarters and use as a guard as you press to flatten each potato to about 1/2" thick. Don't worry if they break apart a bit, but don't demolish them.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and place potatoes on sheet to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sprinkle potatoes with remaining 1 tsp. of salt and pour olive oil over them. Use your hands to toss gently and make sure both sides of potatoes are oiled and salted.
- Roast until they're crispy and deep brown around the edges, about 30 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking. Serve hot.
Copyright © 2015 by ShallWeEat™, All rights reserved