This is my favorite dessert in the world. It is decadent but light. I got this recipe many years ago from my sweet friend Julie who'd modified it from the New York Times.
- 3 C. Heavy Cream
- 6 Tbsp. Sugar
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 C. light Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat the cram over boiling water and stir in granulated sugar.
- Beat egg yolks until light and pour the hot cream over them gradually, stirring vigorously. Stir in vanilla and strain the mixture into 6 ramekins.
- Place dishes in pan with sides. Place pan on oven rack, then pour boiling water up an inch being careful not to splash into the ramekins. Bake until a knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Do not overbake; the custard will continue to cook when removed from oven. Chill thoroughly.
- Before serving, cover the surface with brown sugar. Light torch and carefully roast the tops until sugar melts and bubbles. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2015 by ShallWeEat™, All rights reserved