- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 slices Bacon, finely chopped
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1 stalk Celery, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 5 Tbsp. Flour
- 3 - 14 oz. cans Chicken Broth
- 28 oz. can whole, peeled Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried Thyme
- 1 Bay Lear
- 1 Cup Cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Freshly ground Pepper, to taste
- Heat butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add bacon and cook stirring until crisp. Remove bacon from pot and transfer to paper towels to drain; set aside. Lower the heat to medium and add onion, carrot, and celery and cook covered, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes or so.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring about 3 minutes until golden brown. Pour the broth and juice from tomatoes into pan; stir and scrape bits from bottom. Crush the tomatoes with your hands and add to pot. Toss herbs into pot; lower heat and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Remove fromthe heat and let cool. Working in batches, transfer to blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to pot and reheat over medium heat.
- Whisk in cream, salt and pepper.
- Serve with bacon as garnish.
Copyright © 2015 by ShallWeEat™, All rights reserved