Chicken and Noodles
- 1 - 3 1/2 lb. Chicken, cut up
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 3 Celery Ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2/3 Cup Water
- Place chicken, onion, celery, and carrots into large stock pot. Cover with water. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Cook until done, approximately 1 hour. Cool.
- Meanwhile, mix egg, milk and salt in large mixing bowl. Add enough of the flour to make a stiff dough. Roll thin on floured surface; let rest 20 minutes. Roll up loosely; slice 1/4 inch wide. Unroll. Cut into 4-5" lengths. Spread out on floured surface; dry 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from broth; strain broth and discard vegetables. Remove meat from bones and chop into bite-size pieces. Discard skin and bones. Place chicken into strained broth.
- Bring chicken and broth to boil. Combine cornstarch and water in a screw-top jar. Shake to dissolve. Stir into broth to thicken.
- Drop noodles into boiling liquid; cook, uncovered 8-10 minutes.
Copyright © 2015 by ShallWeEat™, All rights reserved