- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Cocoa + 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- ¾ Cup Buttermilk
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- ¾ Cup Nuts, I used either chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ Cups Boiling Water
- 6 Tbsp. Cocoa + 2 Tbsp. Oil
- Preheat oven to 350o. Grease an 8" X 8" X 2" baking dish.
- Mix dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Combine 3 Tbsp. cocoa and 1 Tbsp. oil with butter. Stir in milk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and stir until blended. Stir in nuts.
- Turn into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Stir the 6 Tbsp. cocoa and 2 Tbsp. oil into boiling water until incorporated. Pour over cake batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Scoop out and flip so sauce drips over cake. Serve warm with whipped cream.
- Substitutions: May omit the nuts. May use sour milk (1 Tbsp. of vinegar added to whole milk) instead of buttermilk.
You must serve this warm! (It’s wonderful the next morning for breakfast, but you have to experience it warm first.)
Copyright © 2015 by ShallWeEat™, All rights reserved